Your campus career website is like the virtual front door to your organization and, like a home, it needs some serious curb appeal to get students and grads interested in what you’re selling: your career opportunities.
Tag Archives | Students
On May 14, TalentEgg founder Lauren Friese revealed the winners of the 2013 TalentEgg National Campus Recruitment Excellence Awards to a few hundred campus recruiters, human resources professionals and career services staff during an awards ceremony held at the Arcadian Loft in downtown Toronto. She also shared some of the best practices for each of the [...]
Now that the applications for the 2013 TalentEgg National Campus Recruitment Excellence Awards are closed, the judging period will begin shortly. An elite panel made up of 200 top students from schools across Canada will evaluate and provide feedback on employers’ campus recruitment initiatives, ultimately choosing the Top 3 finalists and winners in each category. [...]
Historically, employers have looked at students in terms of their programs and which year of school they’re in. Through that lens, campus recruitment activities traditionally target students by program, year and school, assuming that all students who fall into that group should be provided the same campus recruitment information. But it turns out that not [...]
In Part 1 of the How to make the most of Twitter for campus recruitment series, we outlined some basic and intermediate strategies to help campus recruiters better engage with students: Respond to all @ mentions as soon as possible Keep an eye on key search terms, such as your organization’s name Jump in and [...]
Our survey of campus recruitment professionals showed that 75% of them will attend zero-to-5 on-campus career fairs this year, and perhaps one of the reasons for that is employers are realizing that the majority of students do not attend them. The results of a recent TalentEgg homepage poll show that while two thirds of students [...]
On Monday, we launched Student Voice, a three-month initiative giving students a platform to share their job search frustrations, stories, and lessons for employers. Over the next three months, we intend to collect and publish hundreds of entries and share them as widely as possible with decision makers across the country. We want to give [...]
On Monday, I wrote a post examining the value of career fairs. I was pretty critical. I wrote the post for two reasons. The first was to share a perspective that some students may agree with. The second reason, and the more important of the two, was to generate a discussion that would hopefully help [...]
About Campus Recruitment 360
Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg is a resource hub and community for campus recruiters and HR professionals where you can learn and share ideas, tips, tricks and best practices for excellence in campus recruitment.
TalentEgg is a North American leader in online campus recruitment. In Canada, TalentEgg.ca is the #1 most popular job board and online career resource for students and recent grads, and we recently launched TalentEgg.com in the U.S. to expand upon that success.
Campus recruitment poll
- Poll results: Have you ever attended a career fair on your campus? July 12, 2011
- The 3 types of students and how they approach their careers December 5, 2012
- Photos – Gen Y Recruitment Insider: Behind the Scenes with MasterCard and TD Business Banking July 5, 2011
- Poll results: When do students look for entry level jobs? June 2, 2011
- How to make the most of Twitter for campus recruitment: Part 1 July 24, 2012
- A vision for a healthy campus recruitment ecosystem in Canada June 13, 2013
- Executives warn competition for financial services talent is intensifying June 11, 2013
- TalentEgg’s 2013 On-Campus Recruiting Report June 3, 2013
- Photos from the 2013 TalentEgg National Campus Recruitment Excellence Awards and Conference May 30, 2013
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website May 23, 2013
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] matter how candidates arrive at your website...
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] win: If you don’t already have it, add...
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] your campus career website? Good call. Your ...
- 2013 TalentEgg Campus Recruitment Awards: Finalists, best practices and winners | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] top students (including Tamara, Telly and Le...
- 10 tips for tweeting from a campus recruitment conference | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] using Twitter in 2013, both to reach student...