On first glance, it may seem like Canada’s agriculture industry and the businesses operating within it are facing some impossible talent attraction challenges. As Bayer CropScience HR Business Partner Tara Fowlie explained in the opening for her presentation at the 2013 TalentEgg National Campus Recruitment Excellence Awards and Conference, the world’s population (and its demand [...]
Tag Archives | retention
The labour market isn’t just competitive for job seekers anymore – while Canada’s unemployment rate continues to decline, many employers are also struggling with recruiting and retaining highly skilled financial services employees. According to the Robert Half Global Survey Report on Financial Services Hiring Environment, 89% of financial services executives say it is challenging to find [...]
Over the last four years, Nancy Moulday has recruited, hired and onboarded 600 new TD Business Banking associates, and boasts a retention rate that would make any campus recruiter green with envy: 98.6%.
Your vote is completely anonymous and the results will be revealed exclusively on Campus Recruitment 360 in a future post. What is your biggest campus recruitment priority for the coming year?( free polls) Thank you for voting!
We’ve all heard this tired, old Generation Y stereotype: “They expect to start as an intern on Monday and be the CEO by Friday.” While it’s not necessarily true, it does tap into students and recent graduates’ strong desire to know where their careers will take them – not just at the entry level, but [...]
Leah Wilson, Manager, Recruitment at CGI, focused on the “work” aspect of retaining top co-op students in her presentation, delving deep into what makes students want to stay at an organization – and what makes them want to leave. Follow @2recruityou It turns out that the reasons aren’t so different. With all the fuss being [...]
If there’s one thing that isn’t discussed frequently in the campus recruitment industry in Canada, it’s background checks! Aside from law enforcement agencies and certain government organizations, it’s rare for employers to say up front that they use background checks as part of their recruitment and retention strategy. Our friends over at Business.com recently shared [...]
About Campus Recruitment 360
Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg is a resource hub and community for campus recruiters and HR professionals where you can learn and share ideas, tips, tricks and best practices for excellence in campus recruitment.
TalentEgg is a North American leader in online campus recruitment. In Canada, TalentEgg.ca is the #1 most popular job board and online career resource for students and recent grads, and we recently launched TalentEgg.com in the U.S. to expand upon that success.
Campus recruitment poll
- Poll results: Have you ever attended a career fair on your campus? July 12, 2011
- The 3 types of students and how they approach their careers December 5, 2012
- Photos – Gen Y Recruitment Insider: Behind the Scenes with MasterCard and TD Business Banking July 5, 2011
- Poll results: When do students look for entry level jobs? June 2, 2011
- How to make the most of Twitter for campus recruitment: Part 1 July 24, 2012
- Conference recap: How Bayer CropScience created an internship program with a 99% satisfaction rate June 19, 2013
- A vision for a healthy campus recruitment ecosystem in Canada June 13, 2013
- Executives warn competition for financial services talent is intensifying June 11, 2013
- TalentEgg’s 2013 On-Campus Recruiting Report June 3, 2013
- Photos from the 2013 TalentEgg National Campus Recruitment Excellence Awards and Conference May 30, 2013
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] matter how candidates arrive at your website...
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] win: If you don’t already have it, add...
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] your campus career website? Good call. Your ...
- 2013 TalentEgg Campus Recruitment Awards: Finalists, best practices and winners | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] top students (including Tamara, Telly and Le...
- 10 tips for tweeting from a campus recruitment conference | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] using Twitter in 2013, both to reach student...