TalentEgg has long suspected that there is a discrepancy between when students look for entry-level jobs and when employers are recruiting and hiring for the majority of their entry-level jobs, however the results of our latest poll confirm it. We asked students and recent graduates: When did you or will you start searching for your [...]
Tag Archives | entry-level jobs
I’ve mentioned this before, and I’m going to mention it again – when it comes to entry level hiring I strongly believe that organizations should hire based on potential for future success. In my last post, I explain why I think this is the correct way to go about entry level hiring. This post will [...]
This is a guest post by Claire Westgate who is the Events & Employer Services Coordinator at the University of Toronto Mississauga Career Centre. Claire came to the UTM Career Centre after working both at the St. George campus and in corporate recruitment. There is always a flurry of activity in the Career Centre in [...]
When it comes to hiring new graduates for entry level jobs, there are two things that I strongly believe: Organizations should hire based on potential for future success. Businesses should not limit their applicants to a certain degree type. There are exceptions to my second statement. For example, If you’re an engineering firm doing highly [...]
Lauren made her second appearance on Canada AM this morning to discuss job hunting techniques for students and recent grads. Here are some of the tips she offered: biggest mistake students make is job searching too narrowly, both in the methods they use to find jobs and also in the types of roles they seek [...]
As usual, the past few weeks have been very exciting here at TalentEgg. Firstly, we would like to give a warm welcome to two new TalentEgg clients, The Source and Starbucks. Be sure to keep checking back for great job postings from these two great companies! Also, TalentEgg’s founder, Lauren Friese, has recently been taking [...]
We have some egg-citing news to share with the TalentEgg community! Retail information, employers and careers will be taking over TalentEgg from March 22-26 to help students and recent grads learn about all the different meaningful careers in the retail industry, find out what it takes to launch a successful career in retail, and explain [...]
Every once in a while, we have weeks at work that I know are special. This past week was one of those weeks. 1. We had our first real physical growing pains. And I don’t say “first real” lightly. Those of you who have been following TalentEgg will know that we started out in a [...]
How much do I love writing “2010″? I’ve been obsessed with it since we wrote our first ever TalentEgg Holiday Cards in December. Other than just being a really fun ‘word’ to say, 2010 is also significant because it’s geared up to be a HUGE year for TalentEgg and for all the parties that use [...]
Just in time for the back-to-school and campus recruiting season, Canadian career website TalentEgg.ca went live with a brand new site design and experience for students and recent grads September 1, 2009.
About Campus Recruitment 360
Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg is a resource hub and community for campus recruiters and HR professionals where you can learn and share ideas, tips, tricks and best practices for excellence in campus recruitment.
TalentEgg is a North American leader in online campus recruitment. In Canada, TalentEgg.ca is the #1 most popular job board and online career resource for students and recent grads, and we recently launched TalentEgg.com in the U.S. to expand upon that success.
Campus recruitment poll
- Poll results: Have you ever attended a career fair on your campus? July 12, 2011
- The 3 types of students and how they approach their careers December 5, 2012
- Photos – Gen Y Recruitment Insider: Behind the Scenes with MasterCard and TD Business Banking July 5, 2011
- Poll results: When do students look for entry level jobs? June 2, 2011
- How to make the most of Twitter for campus recruitment: Part 1 July 24, 2012
- A vision for a healthy campus recruitment ecosystem in Canada June 13, 2013
- Executives warn competition for financial services talent is intensifying June 11, 2013
- TalentEgg’s 2013 On-Campus Recruiting Report June 3, 2013
- Photos from the 2013 TalentEgg National Campus Recruitment Excellence Awards and Conference May 30, 2013
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website May 23, 2013
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] matter how candidates arrive at your website...
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] win: If you don’t already have it, add...
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] your campus career website? Good call. Your ...
- 2013 TalentEgg Campus Recruitment Awards: Finalists, best practices and winners | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] top students (including Tamara, Telly and Le...
- 10 tips for tweeting from a campus recruitment conference | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] using Twitter in 2013, both to reach student...