The labour market isn’t just competitive for job seekers anymore – while Canada’s unemployment rate continues to decline, many employers are also struggling with recruiting and retaining highly skilled financial services employees. According to the Robert Half Global Survey Report on Financial Services Hiring Environment, 89% of financial services executives say it is challenging to find [...]
Tag Archives | entry level hiring
Gen Y workers have vastly different values compared to the generations that have preceded them. They are a generation that has been told from a tender age that they are capable of anything, that they can change the world and, most importantly, that they should follow their passions. While previous generations may have been more [...]
Last Thursday, TalentEgg hosted the first event in our Gen Y Recruitment Insider series, featuring presentations from TD Business Banking and MasterCard. The Gen Y Recruitment Insider series by TalentEgg is designed to give Canadian recruitment professionals an inside look at the most successful Gen Y focused recruitment and branding campaigns executed by their peers. [...]
TalentEgg has long suspected that there is a discrepancy between when students look for entry-level jobs and when employers are recruiting and hiring for the majority of their entry-level jobs, however the results of our latest poll confirm it. We asked students and recent graduates: When did you or will you start searching for your [...]
For every business or organization, attracting top talent is crucial for long term success and should be the goal for all levels of hiring – entry level to executive. However, determining if an entry level candidate is excellent is a little different than upper level hires. Namely, entry level candidates usually have no previous relevant [...]
I’ve mentioned this before, and I’m going to mention it again – when it comes to entry level hiring I strongly believe that organizations should hire based on potential for future success. In my last post, I explain why I think this is the correct way to go about entry level hiring. This post will [...]
This is a guest post by Claire Westgate who is the Events & Employer Services Coordinator at the University of Toronto Mississauga Career Centre. Claire came to the UTM Career Centre after working both at the St. George campus and in corporate recruitment. There is always a flurry of activity in the Career Centre in [...]
When it comes to hiring new graduates for entry level jobs, there are two things that I strongly believe: Organizations should hire based on potential for future success. Businesses should not limit their applicants to a certain degree type. There are exceptions to my second statement. For example, If you’re an engineering firm doing highly [...]
We’re big fans and proponents of entry level hiring that is based on potential for future success. Last week I wrote about non-academic achievements and their role as a predictor of future career success. This is something I’ve always personally been passionate about as an arts grad running a business, and as someone who sees [...]
About Campus Recruitment 360
Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg is a resource hub and community for campus recruiters and HR professionals where you can learn and share ideas, tips, tricks and best practices for excellence in campus recruitment.
TalentEgg is a North American leader in online campus recruitment. In Canada, TalentEgg.ca is the #1 most popular job board and online career resource for students and recent grads, and we recently launched TalentEgg.com in the U.S. to expand upon that success.
Campus recruitment poll
- Poll results: Have you ever attended a career fair on your campus? July 12, 2011
- The 3 types of students and how they approach their careers December 5, 2012
- Photos – Gen Y Recruitment Insider: Behind the Scenes with MasterCard and TD Business Banking July 5, 2011
- Poll results: When do students look for entry level jobs? June 2, 2011
- How to make the most of Twitter for campus recruitment: Part 1 July 24, 2012
- A vision for a healthy campus recruitment ecosystem in Canada June 13, 2013
- Executives warn competition for financial services talent is intensifying June 11, 2013
- TalentEgg’s 2013 On-Campus Recruiting Report June 3, 2013
- Photos from the 2013 TalentEgg National Campus Recruitment Excellence Awards and Conference May 30, 2013
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website May 23, 2013
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] matter how candidates arrive at your website...
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] win: If you don’t already have it, add...
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] your campus career website? Good call. Your ...
- 2013 TalentEgg Campus Recruitment Awards: Finalists, best practices and winners | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] top students (including Tamara, Telly and Le...
- 10 tips for tweeting from a campus recruitment conference | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] using Twitter in 2013, both to reach student...