On Monday, we launched Student Voice, a three-month initiative giving students a platform to share their job search frustrations, stories, and lessons for employers. Over the next three months, we intend to collect and publish hundreds of entries and share them as widely as possible with decision makers across the country. We want to give [...]
Tag Archives | entry-level
For every business or organization, attracting top talent is crucial for long term success and should be the goal for all levels of hiring – entry level to executive. However, determining if an entry level candidate is excellent is a little different than upper level hires. Namely, entry level candidates usually have no previous relevant [...]
I’ve been an intern before. I’ve grabbed the coffees, cleaned the kitchen. I’ve even driven the boss’ car to pick someone up (didn’t mind that one). But on top of the trivial tasks, I also did some pretty meaningful work – tasks like writing proposals to attend conferences and making wicked presentations that were seen [...]
I’ve mentioned this before, and I’m going to mention it again – when it comes to entry level hiring I strongly believe that organizations should hire based on potential for future success. In my last post, I explain why I think this is the correct way to go about entry level hiring. This post will [...]
We’re big fans and proponents of entry level hiring that is based on potential for future success. Last week I wrote about non-academic achievements and their role as a predictor of future career success. This is something I’ve always personally been passionate about as an arts grad running a business, and as someone who sees [...]
If your network of family and friends is anything like mine, it has undoubtedly been affected by the current economic situation. While catching up with family over the holidays, I’ve heard a handful of stories from some who have already been laid off and others who are crossing their fingers while co-workers with less seniority [...]
Yes, this is quite possibly the corniest blog title…ever…But never mind that! A few observations on the disconnect between employers and students in Canada: In our day-to-day dealing with employers and students, we’ve had the opportunity to pick up on a lot of trends in the entry-level recruitment market. One that particularly stands out, and [...]
About Campus Recruitment 360
Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg is a resource hub and community for campus recruiters and HR professionals where you can learn and share ideas, tips, tricks and best practices for excellence in campus recruitment.
TalentEgg is a North American leader in online campus recruitment. In Canada, TalentEgg.ca is the #1 most popular job board and online career resource for students and recent grads, and we recently launched TalentEgg.com in the U.S. to expand upon that success.
Campus recruitment poll
- Poll results: Have you ever attended a career fair on your campus? July 12, 2011
- The 3 types of students and how they approach their careers December 5, 2012
- Photos – Gen Y Recruitment Insider: Behind the Scenes with MasterCard and TD Business Banking July 5, 2011
- Poll results: When do students look for entry level jobs? June 2, 2011
- How to make the most of Twitter for campus recruitment: Part 1 July 24, 2012
- A vision for a healthy campus recruitment ecosystem in Canada June 13, 2013
- Executives warn competition for financial services talent is intensifying June 11, 2013
- TalentEgg’s 2013 On-Campus Recruiting Report June 3, 2013
- Photos from the 2013 TalentEgg National Campus Recruitment Excellence Awards and Conference May 30, 2013
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website May 23, 2013
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] matter how candidates arrive at your website...
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] win: If you don’t already have it, add...
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] your campus career website? Good call. Your ...
- 2013 TalentEgg Campus Recruitment Awards: Finalists, best practices and winners | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] top students (including Tamara, Telly and Le...
- 10 tips for tweeting from a campus recruitment conference | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] using Twitter in 2013, both to reach student...