As Canada’s population ages and Baby Boomers retire, healthy campus recruiting and retention will play an increasingly crucial role in balancing our labour issues and growing Canada’s economy. At the 2013 CACEE National Conference in Edmonton on June 10th, 2013, TalentEgg founder Lauren Friese presented her vision for the future of attraction, recruitment and retention [...]
Archive | What students want RSS feed for this section
Planning your on-campus recruiting initiatives for the fall? TalentEgg’s new On-Campus Recruiting Report features survey results from top Canadian post-secondary students and recent graduates about their on-campus recruitment habits and preferences that will help you make the most of the increasingly limited time and resources at your disposal. We asked students and recent graduates to [...]
Your campus career website is like the virtual front door to your organization and, like a home, it needs some serious curb appeal to get students and grads interested in what you’re selling: your career opportunities.
On May 14, TalentEgg founder Lauren Friese revealed the winners of the 2013 TalentEgg National Campus Recruitment Excellence Awards to a few hundred campus recruiters, human resources professionals and career services staff during an awards ceremony held at the Arcadian Loft in downtown Toronto. She also shared some of the best practices for each of the [...]
At the end of last week, PwC released a comprehensive study on how millennials (those born between 1980 and 1995, for the purposes of the study – also known as Generation Y) view and impact the workplace. The firm says NextGen is the largest global generational study ever conducted, featuring the results of more than [...]
As employers recruiting on campus, you have a lot to work around: class schedules and part-time jobs, not to mention other employers competing for the same talent. Even once you offer employment to a graduating student, there’s still salary expectations, retention, post-graduate education and even travel plans to contend with sometimes. A recent survey of [...]
Despite their prevalence, job descriptions are so easy to get wrong and so difficult to get right – especially for students and recent grads. Just take this recent internship posting from a UK-based publisher, which stated that the successful candidate should “not have any other commitments (personal or professional) that will interfere with their work [...]
If you asked many new grads how they chose which employer to start their careers with, they’d probably tell you that they waited until the last minute (i.e., April) and frantically applied to any employer that was hiring for roles they were somewhat qualified for. As we’ve discovered through our award-winning Student Voice initiative, which [...]
Historically, employers have looked at students in terms of their programs and which year of school they’re in. Through that lens, campus recruitment activities traditionally target students by program, year and school, assuming that all students who fall into that group should be provided the same campus recruitment information. But it turns out that not [...]
About Campus Recruitment 360
Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg is a resource hub and community for campus recruiters and HR professionals where you can learn and share ideas, tips, tricks and best practices for excellence in campus recruitment.
TalentEgg is a North American leader in online campus recruitment. In Canada, TalentEgg.ca is the #1 most popular job board and online career resource for students and recent grads, and we recently launched TalentEgg.com in the U.S. to expand upon that success.
Campus recruitment poll
- Poll results: Have you ever attended a career fair on your campus? July 12, 2011
- The 3 types of students and how they approach their careers December 5, 2012
- Photos – Gen Y Recruitment Insider: Behind the Scenes with MasterCard and TD Business Banking July 5, 2011
- Poll results: When do students look for entry level jobs? June 2, 2011
- How to make the most of Twitter for campus recruitment: Part 1 July 24, 2012
- A vision for a healthy campus recruitment ecosystem in Canada June 13, 2013
- Executives warn competition for financial services talent is intensifying June 11, 2013
- TalentEgg’s 2013 On-Campus Recruiting Report June 3, 2013
- Photos from the 2013 TalentEgg National Campus Recruitment Excellence Awards and Conference May 30, 2013
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website May 23, 2013
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] matter how candidates arrive at your website...
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] win: If you don’t already have it, add...
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] your campus career website? Good call. Your ...
- 2013 TalentEgg Campus Recruitment Awards: Finalists, best practices and winners | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] top students (including Tamara, Telly and Le...
- 10 tips for tweeting from a campus recruitment conference | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] using Twitter in 2013, both to reach student...