Despite their prevalence, job descriptions are so easy to get wrong and so difficult to get right – especially for students and recent grads. Just take this recent internship posting from a UK-based publisher, which stated that the successful candidate should “not have any other commitments (personal or professional) that will interfere with their work [...]
Archive | How to write job descriptions RSS feed for this section
We’ve all heard this tired, old Generation Y stereotype: “They expect to start as an intern on Monday and be the CEO by Friday.” While it’s not necessarily true, it does tap into students and recent graduates’ strong desire to know where their careers will take them – not just at the entry level, but [...]
Let’s face it: student and new grad job seekers will probably look at dozens – if not hundreds or even thousands – of job listings while they’re on the hunt for their dream internship, co-op, summer job or entry level job. While some employers do a great job of optimizing their job descriptions for students [...]
Results of the most recent TalentEgg poll show that, above all else, the majority of students and new grads are looking for opportunities for advancement when they search for jobs. What’s the most important factor when students and recent grads search for jobs? More than one third of students and grads (34%) indicated that [...]
When it comes to hiring new graduates for entry level jobs, there are two things that I strongly believe: Organizations should hire based on potential for future success. Businesses should not limit their applicants to a certain degree type. There are exceptions to my second statement. For example, If you’re an engineering firm doing highly [...]
About Campus Recruitment 360
Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg is a resource hub and community for campus recruiters and HR professionals where you can learn and share ideas, tips, tricks and best practices for excellence in campus recruitment.
TalentEgg is a North American leader in online campus recruitment. In Canada, TalentEgg.ca is the #1 most popular job board and online career resource for students and recent grads, and we recently launched TalentEgg.com in the U.S. to expand upon that success.
Campus recruitment poll
- Poll results: Have you ever attended a career fair on your campus? July 12, 2011
- The 3 types of students and how they approach their careers December 5, 2012
- Photos – Gen Y Recruitment Insider: Behind the Scenes with MasterCard and TD Business Banking July 5, 2011
- Poll results: When do students look for entry level jobs? June 2, 2011
- How to make the most of Twitter for campus recruitment: Part 1 July 24, 2012
- A vision for a healthy campus recruitment ecosystem in Canada June 13, 2013
- Executives warn competition for financial services talent is intensifying June 11, 2013
- TalentEgg’s 2013 On-Campus Recruiting Report June 3, 2013
- Photos from the 2013 TalentEgg National Campus Recruitment Excellence Awards and Conference May 30, 2013
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website May 23, 2013
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] matter how candidates arrive at your website...
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] win: If you don’t already have it, add...
- What students want: 4 elements of an engaging campus career website | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] your campus career website? Good call. Your ...
- 2013 TalentEgg Campus Recruitment Awards: Finalists, best practices and winners | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] top students (including Tamara, Telly and Le...
- 10 tips for tweeting from a campus recruitment conference | Campus Recruitment 360 by TalentEgg: [...] using Twitter in 2013, both to reach student...